This may be the easiest room in the house to declutter because organization is already built in: books go with books, electronics go with electronics, remotes go with remotes, etc.
- Grab a bin large enough to hold things like magazines and books and then walk around the room putting anything out of place in the bin. Keep an eye out for any items that don’t belong in the living room.
2. Next go through each area returning everything to it’s proper
3. Got kids? Toss their toys back into the bins, cubbies or chests you
keep them in.
4. In the entertainment center area, unwind and re-store any cords
that have twisted out of place, re-stack DVDs, CDs, etc. Corral all of
your remotes and return them to the tray or box you store them
in. Having a designated area for remotes will make them less likely
be go missing.
5. Straighten and re-stack any books that need re-arranging.
6. Recycle any catalogs or magazines that you have not touched in a
month. Straighten piles. Consider using a tray to house these
major sources of clutter.
7. Fold any blankets lying around and return them to their home
base — whether that be draped over the back of a couch or in a
8. Finally, hit the coffee table returning everything on top to it’s
proper storage space.
9. To finish, take that bin and return everything in it to the room it’s
supposed to be in.