What are the methods you could use to maximize space in your kitchen cabinets? Here are some tips for you.
1. Discard all instant beverages packaging and have the contents placed in similar clear holding containers. You could even store few varieties in same container if it fits.
2. All rarely used equipments should be placed back in its boxes and stored at the highest level of the cabinets. We all have a habit to keep more than one of each type.
Consider removing/donating/exchange those that you have double of. You really dont need 2 blenders, 2 toasters, 2 microwaves, 2 2 2 2 2-many you get me?
3. Purchase trays and have all your cups stacked in the trays and placed in the area above the tap. Why trays? Because it is neater and space is easier to gauge with the trays.
Also remember, nice dinnerware that are rarely used should be placed at the highest level. When 2 becomes 1 too many, get rid of those you really have not been using. These are usually gifts 🙂
4. Use the same trays to store similar size can food. It makes stacking easier and neater. And, again because of the tray, your space is defined. The balance space at the side if any can be used to store odd shaped tins.
5. As a rule of thumb, use similar clear containers throughout the kitchen cabinets and for the storage in the fridge.
Less is more. Unless you have a luxuriously huge kitchen, don’t buy more than you can consume, do stack things properly and do keep things back to where it was when you took it out.
You should have the space you need.