I have seen quite a few storerooms over the past few weeks for assessment.
How ever small the space may be, there are always options available and of course, some adjustments by the owners.
A few areas that I usually find its worth to start with:-
1. Metal racks ( to have all the items in the storeroom placed neatly)
2. Large size luggages ( most of us own one piece at least and it should go here unless you are able to fit it into your customized wardrobe)
3. Sports equipment ( Rackets, weights, odd size equipments, yoga mat. There is another solution to this, if you are planning to customize your shoe cabinet, you could get the designer to utilize a part of the space to store your sports category)
4. Large size vacuum cleaner ( I dont know how many of us have this still. I am using a handheld and the robot vacuum cleaners are invading earth. But for the benefit of those, yeah, it should be here after use)
5. Extra chairs and tables ( straightforward. Dont have it lying against your living room walls or the service yard, make space for it here)
6. Mahjong table ( straightforward, same as point 5)
7. Tool box, equipments, ladder ( you need to have these properly grouped together and find space for them here)
Once these are prioritized, working with the rest of the balance space will be clearer.